Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lost in prayer

God, grant me the serenityI don’t know how else to get it.  I’ve run out of steam.  I’ve exhausted my abilities.  I’ve burned up my fuel.  I’ve misplaced my know-how.  I’ve lost my balance.  I’ve been deflated.

To accept the things I cannot change…I should be able to change it if it needs to be changed.  I should be able to accept it if it doesn’t.  Is this ‘just the way it is’? If I accept that I cannot change it will I feel defeated? I’m not to blame.  I do my best. I continue to do my best because it’s all I know how to do.

Courage to change the things I can…If I could find the strength, courage would surely follow. Change is inevitable.  If only my words were as powerful as my thoughts.  If only my thoughts could be heard. Today my heart breaks so that tomorrow I will have peace.

And the wisdom to know the difference…I will not be defeated.  I will find the strength, the steam, the fuel, the know-how.  I will find peace.  Without it I am not me.  I know the pain of emptiness and sorrow.  I know the fear of not knowing.  It is my job, my bane of my existence.  I am a mother.  My words are not always heard.  My love is stronger than my words. My heart hurts. I will never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment